Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wow it's been a long time!

     It has been a long time since I have updated my blog!  I look at it daily because it is set to my home page but that hasn't caused me to update it.   I thought I would try to keep it current again especially now that I am no longer on Facebook.  Things have been very busy in the past two years since Marlee has joined our family!  I decided to start graduate school while pregnant with Marlee and have since graduated.  I took one semester off and played catch up last spring which was a trying year.  I received my degree in Educational Leadership and on December 23rd I took the state test for the principal certification and passed!  I am now officially ready to start the process of finding an assistant principal position.  I am super excited and praying for where God is going to lead.  It is an incredibly competitive field and when I think of that it makes me begin to worry, but I KNOW that God is in charge.   He can and will place me wherever HE will have me and I need to trust in that.
     Lillie is now in fourth grade, where in the world has time gone?  She had an incredible third grade year and Eric and I saw her grow in leaps and bounds.  She had two phenomenal teachers, both of which are two of my dearest friends, and she really worked hard.  This year she is growing more and more and is such a great kid!  She has a very fun personality and one of her best qualities is that she very unique and doesn't conform to what people around her are doing or how the look.  I love that about her!  She has her own fashion sense and doesn't care if it's different than other people.  She has such a great heart and is very inquisitive.  She's becoming quite beautiful, if I do say so myself, and she is a terrific big sister!
     Marlee just turned TWO!  She is so funny and talks all of the time!  She is a neat freak - unlike her sister.  It's very funny!  She also is a mother hen.  She is always telling everyone what they need to do.  Tonight we were having ice cream and she kept telling me that Lillie was making a mess!  She asked for a napkin and gave it to Lillie who had ice cream on her hands.  She is also very attached to me and has been since she was born.  People are always telling us its a stage but she is just my little side kick!  She is still staying with a lady from church every day who has been such a HUGE blessing!  Jane, her babysitter, and Marlee have grown very attached to one another and we are thankful for their relationship.
     My brother and his son, Brycie, moved here a little over a year ago and Brycie and Marlee are only 6 weeks apart.  They attend MDO together and sunday school.  They really love one another!  Brycie gets very excited to see Marlee and will typically run up and give her a big hug.  It's been fun getting to raise the two of them together.
     Its hard to believe another year has come and gone.  My goal in this new upcoming year is that I will live in the moment and do less worrying about the future.  I want to focus on my relationship with God and really be lead where HE is leading.  My prayer is that I will be the example I need to be for my children and the godly wife that Eric needs.  I am so richly blessed with the relationships I have and the precious family God has so richly blessed me with.  May you focus on the many many blessings God has given you in this next year - 2014 here we come!





No comments: