Monday, August 3, 2009

Firsts...

Lillie and her cousins, Allison and Amanda
Such pretty girls!

Lillie doing her favorite hobby, SWIMMING!  I must say she is quite the little swimmer and had improved drastically this summer.  Next summer we may need to get her in swim team.  I could see her doing very well at that sport.  

My precious little girl!

Well today was a day of firsts.  We started out this morning heading to the dentist.  Lillie had her first cavity and had to have it filled.  I was so disappointed when I found out because I felt like I had let her down.  The dentist was very kind though and said that I wouldn't have been able to see it or catch it because it started from the bottom of the tooth.  Anyway... she did PERFECT getting it filled.  She just laid there and let them do what they needed to do.  She did have laughing gas though so maybe that was the calming factor.  
The second thing we did today was head over to where Lillie is going to be going to Kindergarten!  This will be her first official school year!  Where has the time gone?  I am so not ready for this.  The time has gone so fast and she is still my little girl!  The funny thing is that as hard as it is for Eric and I, I think it has been even more difficult for our parents to handle.  I pray that she will just have the right teacher and that she will begin her school year feeling successful and find herself craving knowledge.  I also pray that she will build some great relationships with the children in her class.  
And the last first which is kind of an inside joke with my family members and close friends, is that I used my treadmill tonight!

No comments: