Friday, June 6, 2008

A ride through Africa...









On Memorial Day Weekend we went to San Antonio for Eric's birthday. We went to Sea World and the Wildlife Reserve. If you have never done a drive through zoo you should once in your life. It was a lot of fun and I laughed harder then I have in a long time. Eric drove through the first time and we were able to feed some ram looking things, zebras, and a few other animals I didn't recognize. Then we swapped and he held Lillie and I drove. Eric is much better at things like that - less fear! But the funny thing was that there were these huge ostrich's and it seemed like a good idea to feed them until they got close to the car, then it was scary. I watched as several people shook their bag of food, the ostrich would come over, then once realizing how large they were and the length of their neck they would begin to roll up their windows. It was very funny. The funniest part of the ride was in the end when we still had half a bag of food left. There was an ostrich running along side our car wanting to cross the road, but Eric wanted me to keep it on the passenger side to try to feed it. In trying to do this we angered the ostrich and it came running after our car. I thought I heard Eric say slow down so I stopped. The next thing we knew the angry ostrich was at our widow. Eric rolled up the window quickly and yelled, "Go, go!" It was a lot of fun and I am glad we made the turn off. It was a birthday I will never forget and one I hope Eric enjoyed! I love you Eric!

No comments: